Friday, November 18, 2011

Facebook Tracking Cookies

Happy Friday!! 



As I was catching up on my usual news readings and updates this morning, I came across an interesting article about Facebook tracking what sites people visit on the web without them being logged into their Facebook? Basically Facebook was saying that they use this information to track what people like and help decipher what ads will appear on that persons page. But to me there is something so creepy about this! How have we come so far along in technology where a website can track what other websites we visit when we are not even logged onto their website? What else is the Internet tracking that we don't know about? And who is to say that Facebook isn't tracking other things? And is it possible that they are using this information for other purposes?? I can only imagine that other people find this just as weird because it seems to be a hot topic in the news today. I just find it very interesting because technology has come so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment