Monday, February 13, 2012

Cook for Love!

Although I have been called the scrooge of Valentine's Day, with only one day left I sort of feel guilty for boycotting it this year! I will stand behind my beliefs that it is a stupid holiday but not everybody feels that way and I feel bad for pressing my opinions onto others! So with only 24 hours left until the day, I am going to change my attitude around. After work I am going to swing by Target and purchase some Valentine's day cards to send to my friends and give to my roommates tomorrow. Since I am trying to budget myself, I will still not be purchasing any gifts but might be thinking about cooking something cute for the roomies in the spirit of love! Since I love to cook, I thought this was a good compromise! So here are some last minute ideas for those of you who are in the same boat and are searching for a simple Valentine's day activity! 


Homemade Marshmellow Hearts! 

Who doesn't love those cute little heart shaped candies! Here is a recipe to make your own and that way you can write your own sayings on them! 

Red Velvet Cupcakes
Yum!!!! Although these are tough to make, the pay off is well worth it! And red, how perfect for the Valentine's Day theme! 


Heart Shaped Toast
This simple breakfast could start your Valentine's Day off right! All you need is a heart shaped cookie cutter and you can use what you have already in your fridge for breakfast ingredients! 


Heart Shaped Hot Cocoa 
Simply freeze some Cool Whip on a tray, let it set, then cut out your desired heart shaped toppings for either hot cocoa or coffee! This along with a heart shaped toast and eggs will be sure to make your Valentine fall in love with you again! 


Heart Shaped Fruit
Cut out some homemade pancakes into hearts topped with heart shaped fruit makes for a nice romantic breakfast! Maybe even add some heart shaped strawberries to a mimosa to really start the morning off right!  

Lunch Packed with Love
If your Valentine is not a breakfast person or if you just simply don't want to wake up before the sun rises to make breakfast, pack his lunch for him and cut his bread into heart shaped slices and he will be sure to think of you while he is taking his lunch break at work. 

Simple Heart Cookies
Another perfect food to pack for your loved ones lunch! Although he might get made fun of in the office, all the other guys will be jealous they didn't receive delicious homemade cookies in their lunch! Simply make his favorite cookie recipe but cut them into hearts! 


If you are like me and would rather work on Valentine's day and don't have enough time to make something extravagant or refuse to spend your week's budget on a dozen roses, these simple cooking ideas will be sure to keep you out of the dog's house for not celebrating Valentine's day and are also easy enough to not consume your whole day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment