Friday, December 30, 2011

It's almost a New Year...


Is it true that in every relationship one person has to be "the catch?" Doesn't it seem that in almost every relationship there is someone who has to settle? Someone who has to lower their expectations and accept someone who is pretty close to what they are looking for? It's sort of a depressing thought and it really made me think,  have I been the catch or the settlement? And is this really true in every relationship?
I am no myth buster but in researching my case studies this has always been the case. Let's reminisce on my dating experiences:

Loser #1: We dated for only 2months when I was just 14 years old but this was my first real boyfriend who took me to the movies and came to dinner at my house. He was a lot older than me but I have always liked to date older guys so he fit this requirement. I wouldn't quite call it settling but I definitely lowered my expectations, at the time he wasn't the nicest man on the planet and definitely not the most motivated. So we broke up and I continued my search for a kind ambitious man!!

High School Sweetheart is #2: I spent three and a half years with this one only to find out that the entire time he thought he was beyond too good for me! I believe he thought he was settling, I mean I know I have my flaws but he was so adamant on molding me into the perfect girlfriend. We inevitably broke up when he went to study abroad in Europe and when he came back I had FINALLY come to my senses and realized I was the one who could do better!

College Romance- #3: This is the most recent break up and since it is so new I am not going to mention who did the settling but there was definitely a whole lot of settling go on in this relationship! Isn't it weird how after a break up it seems like we think so much clearer and realize how things should be?!? That's a topic for another day!

So it seems as though, at least in my track record, someone is always settling. Sad thought but is it possible that there could be a case where two people don't have to settle? Is that what they call your soul mate? I'm no love expert and I certainly do not believe in soul mates but to find someone your compatible with and that you find yourself sincerely happy with, that would be good enough for me!

Anyways,  make your new years resolution to not be the one to settle and find someone great on MoveThatBlock!!! ;) I hope everyone has a great New Year and finds someone to share the night with!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment