Thursday, November 3, 2011

How has the Internet changed our lives??

This seems to be a hot topic today in my conversations! I was without internet connection today for almost an hour and I couldn't even think what else my laptop had a purpose for if I couldn't use it for the Internet? Isn't it weird to think just a few years back there was no such thing as the Internet and computers were sparse in households? Now, if you are without a computer, laptop or smart phone you are living in the dark ages! 

So this got me thinking how much this has changed our daily routines over the years. For my job, I am the director of public relations and I don't know how people did my job before the Internet was invented. Almost my entire job is based upon the use of the Internet. I use social medias almost every hour throughout the day, I am constantly e-mailing reporters and colleagues information, I use online articles to find information and I even update my blog on a daily basis! 

This is no news flash to anyone that the Internet has truly changed lives over the course of it's existence but I don't believe people know to what extent! I wonder what other jobs would be greatly affected by the use of the Internet? Whose job would suffer by the extinction of the Internet and whose job would flourish? Interesting thought! 

No comments:

Post a Comment