Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mardi Gras!



Although winter has seemed to skip us, with this gloomy cloudy weather how is one supposed to be celebrating Mardi Gras? Without spending thousands of dollars on a plan ticket to New Orleans to have beads thrown at you or being plowed over by a drunk partier in the streets, how can one celebrate this holiday in depressing, boring Albany? Why not mix things up again and bring a splash of summer into our lives with a nice refreshing summer time beverage.

I seem to have woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, with a sore throat and a bad attitude! I definitely need a pick me up after this 12hour work day! Looking for some motivation, a headline came up on my computer screen with the word 'mint' in it and it immediately reminded me of my favorite drink that my mom makes me while poolside in the middle of July spreading tanning oil all over myself! Mojito!!! This nice refreshing drink won't sit too heavy in your stomach and is sure to give you a summertime feeling. If you are unfamiliar with my very best friend the Mojito, here is my secret recipe that only my blog followers will now have.

Sable's Sunrise
1. Muddle fresh mint, a lime and a little sugar in the bottom of a tall glass.
2. Add a couple of squirts of lime juice to the mix and continue to muddle until you feel as though all of the flavors from the mint and lime have been exacerbated.
3. Add some ice to your glass, with 1 part light rum and 2 parts club soda.
4. Add a little bit more sugar and shake well.
5. Pour into the same glass as to make sure all of the flavors are in tact.
6. If you are feeling risky, after adding the club soda add a splash of real pomegranate juice or green tea if you are looking for a Mojitio with a little bit more flavor!

Now you have yourself a perfect Mojitio to celebrate Mardi Gras! You don't have to worry about drunken people knocking into you or beads being thrown at you. Instead you have yourself a tasty drink and you can enjoy it in your own home at your own leisure! Enjoy your Mardi Gras and remember to drink responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment